Christ: Is there another?
Have we setup our lives to where we have options?
Prior to the following passage:
- Jesus had made 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish feed a large group and then they had 12 baskets left over.
- Later in the passage He walked across the water to a boat several miles out.
- As Jesus did these things he gave credit to God for doing it all.
- After all of the above, He got into some teaching about making Jesus the bread of life!
Then the following:
Too Tough to Swallow
Many among his disciples heard this and said, “This is tough teaching, too tough to swallow.” Jesus sensed that his disciples were having a hard time with this and said, “Does this throw you completely? What would happen if you saw the Son of Man ascending to where he came from? The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don’t make anything happen. Every word I’ve spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making. But some of you are resisting, refusing to have any part in this.” (Jesus knew from the start that some weren’t going to risk themselves with him. He knew also who would betray him.) He went on to say, “This is why I told you earlier that no one is capable of coming to me on his own. You get to me only as a gift from the Father.”
After this a lot of his disciples left. They no longer wanted to be associated with him. Then Jesus gave the Twelve their chance: “Do you also want to leave?” Peter replied, “Master, to whom would we go? You have the words of real life, eternal life. We’ve already committed ourselves, confident that you are the Holy One of God.” Jesus responded, “Haven’t I handpicked you, the Twelve? Still, one of you is a devil!” He was referring to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot. This man—one from the Twelve!—was even then getting ready to betray him. John 6:60-71(MSG)
- Are you willing to risk yourself for Jesus?
- Are you resisting and refusing parts of your life for Jesus? Does he want 100%?
- Are you asking God for the gift only He can give?
- Are you so into Jesus that you have no other place to go? What are your options that you need to release?
Discuss it and Like it at: Facebook