The definitions of redeem are:
- To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
- To pay off (a promissory note, for example).
- To turn in (coupons, for example) and receive something in exchange.
- To fulfill (a pledge, for example).
- To set free; rescue or ransom.
- To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences.
- To make up for.
- To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of.
So, have you been redeemed? Have you been set free from sin?
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.” Luke 1:68
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
There’s a Christian group called ‘Big Daddy Weave’ who sings about being haunted by past sins and failures, but when God tells us to stop fighting because the war has already been won by Jesus, we are redeemed.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, John 3:18
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life John 3:36
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Have you been set free? Thank God, REDEEMED!!