If you are reading this then, No! The reason that I am writing about this again is because it seems to be a fascination for everyone. This topic has been written about on this site and it is one of the most looked at post. Why?
Apocalyptic topics have been around since the beginning of time. As a kid, when I was told the book of Revelation in the Bible tells you about the end of the world, I was fascinated with the fact. As I read it, I really didn’t, then and still don’t, know the details of what it is talking about. I know a lot of wierd things are going to happen, a third of the population is going to die instantly, and so on… I think! While growing up, movies about Jesus coming back and things like the “The Late, Great Planet Earth” scared me to death.
In today’s time the apocalyptic terms seem to be more adventurous. The Left Behind series is trying to show Jesus coming back in today’s time based on the book of Revelation. The media is talking about the Mayan Calendar stating that the 21st of December 2012 will be ‘the end’. And television shows like “The Walking Dead” and the new show “Revolution” are ficitional ideas of how ‘the end’ will occur. Even in Biblical times people asked about ‘the end’. Why?
As I have studied this and asked people, I have come to this determination:
- Looking on the Internet seems to be more of an American thing.
- Some people think that they can skip the entire pain in life and go to the end game quickly without any issue.
- I think people that are happy, have no worries with anything, and/or are bored with life, are looking for something that is adventurous and they seem to think this could be an avenue.
- People that are starving do not really think about this because they are trying to survive and make the moment they are living in not their last.
- People are in control and do not want to let go.
So, based on this, what if December 21st 2012 is the last day of earth? What if nothing ever ends? What if the Sun burns out? What if an asteroid hits the world tomorrow? Are you bored with your life? What if you are told that you have cancer at your next doctor’s visit? What if….
What I believe is:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
The end will come one day and I really do not know how it will all play out. I do know one thing and it is to get out of the way and know I am no longer alive but realize Christ is in me. I need to allow God to work in me!
Are you willing to forget about yourself and allow Christ to work in you?Do You Really Believe? Questions, Share, Email, Facebook