Recently a reader of this site asked the following questions: “How can I feel the love of God in my heart? Not just say it but really truly feel it?”
In asking this kind of question, you can take comfort that you are not alone. Even some of our biblical heroes like David struggled at times to feel God’s love.
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Psalm 13:1-2 (NIV)
With this said, you can see that characters in the Bible have had this issue; as well as, people like myself and people I know have asked this question in their life while seeking God. The following are some basic steps to get you moving toward God:
- Confess your sins. None of us are perfect.
- Believe that you are loved. Some people feel bad about themselves because of something they did. Know that when you ask God to forgive you, He will!
- Let go of anger and let God take control.
- Be completely honest. Express your feelings.
- Clear up your image of God. Loving Father (Luke 15), the Good Shepherd (Psalm 23 and John 10), and the Nurturing (Psalm 91).
- Ask for prayer. (Mark 2:1-12) The friends of the paralyzed man were not deterred. They carried him onto the roof, cut a whole in the roof, and carefully dropped him down at Jesus’ feet. And Jesus healed him.
I am asking others that are reading this to take a moment and pray for them. Ask God to give them eyes to see and ears to hear. Ask God for His will to be done and that His love will rain on this person!!
Do you feel alone? Do you want to truly feel God’s love? Are you trying to find God in your life? Are you willing to seek God with all of your heart, mind, and strength?
Praying for you!Do You Believe? Questions, Share, Email, Facebook, Resources Support Do You Really Believe: Christianbook.com image: Bhumika Bhatia